What is it?
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve expected standards in reading and/or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 (KS2).
Academic Year 2017/18
Funding received for 2017/18 cohort = £8629
Of the students for whom we have data, there were:
- 11 students not meeting expected standards in Maths;
- 9 students not meeting expected standards in Reading.
- Of the 20 students in total, 6 were below expected standards for both subjects.
The catch up funding has been used to support the school’s “Achievement for all” motto working with the students to actively remove barriers to learning.
The following lists the areas that Catch up funding contributed to:
Maths: Creating form time availability for a qualified maths teacher to deliver intervention
To allow the HT to staff all accelerated reader lessons with the school librarian
To fund additional training for LSAs to deliver reading interventions
To partly fund the school’s Accelerated Reading programme
- Maths: All students met their end of year targets for Maths and none fell further behind. 100% of students made the expected progress by the end of Year 7.
- Reading: All reading interventions have proved to be successful. Students have all seen in an increase in their STAR testing across the year, and in their scaled reading test scores.
Academic Year 2018/19
Funding received for 2018/19 cohort = £6543
Maths Catch Up
- Nurture group in mathematics for Year 7 students identified as requiring catch up for numeracy
- Form time interventions to be delivered by Head of Maths – funding to cover staff form
- 3 LSAs to attend catch up training for Maths trained to then deliver additional maths interventions
Reading Catch Up
- To create a small nurture group in Year 7 for students requiring catch up literacy – this has also created 2 additional hour a week to focus on literacy
- To partly fund Accelerated Reader programme
- Allow an additional member of staff to staff all Accelerated Reader lessons
- Reading Plus and Catch Up Literacy packages
- Increase paired reading support