Nidderdale High School and Community College Website Use and Privacy
This Privacy Notice has been written to inform you about we process your personal data when you visit our website. This notice only applies to how the school uses your data when you visit our website. For more information about how the school uses personal data in general please see our other privacy notices.
Who are we?
Nidderdale High School is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4 (7) of GDPR. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your personal data is processed. We have a responsibility to you and your personal data and will only collect and use this in ways which are compliant with data protection legislation.
The school has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its Data Protection Officer (DPO). The role of the DPO is to ensure that the school is compliant with GDPR and to oversee data protection procedures. Veritau’s contact details are:
Data Protection Officer
01609 53 2526
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of text that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your electronic device (computer, phone, or tablet etc). Cookies are anonymous and contain no personal information that will identify you personally.
- We can distinguish you from other users of our website and provide a good experience
- We can remember the information you’ve provided us with while on our website, so you don’t have to keep re-entering the information whenever you visit a new page
- We can look at how you use our website so that we can improve it for other users.
- Monitor your usage of other websites (privacy intrusive cookies)
- collect any personal information about you (without your express permission);
- collect any sensitive information;
- pass data to any advertising networks;
- pass personal data to third parties.
What cookie types do we use?
Cookie types and expiry:
- Session cookies – these are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your visit, or if you delete them earlier. The next time you visit our website we will not recognise you and will treat you as a completely new visitor.
- Persistent cookies – these remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire, this is after 12 months.
We may use one or more of the following kinds of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. This can include cookies that will enable you to log into a secure area of our website, e.g staff, parent or pupil area. Without these the website will not work as designed. These cookies do not require consent.
Functionality cookies. These cookies require consent. They are used to recognise you when you return to our website. The content is then personalised to you and can greet you by name (once in the secure area) or remember preferences that you may set.
Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies require consent. They allow us to count and recognise the number of visitors to our site. It also allows us to see when and how visitors navigate our website. Using these cookies helps us improve our website and make popular searched items easier to find. We also use the following widget(s) for this purpose:
- Google Analytics. They help us to analyse how you engage with and use our website. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data using cookies, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Twitter for Websites is a suite of tools bringing Twitter content and functionality to our webpage. This enables the Twitter audience to share our twitter content, and follow our feed. For further information on how Twitter collects and processes data using cookies, please visit https://twitter.com/privacy.
- YouTube. We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos. For more information on how Youtube collects and processes data using cookies, please visit YouTube embedding information page
- Other Widgets. Please list any other widgets that your website uses, consult your IT dept if unsure.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time through our cookie banner, but please be aware that opting out of cookies may affect your user experience on our website.
Alternatively, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
You can also use specialist software that protects against malicious cookies. These applications can be customised to let you change the content of the cookies you want to receive or will allow to be stored on your device.
Any information on this website, including but not limited to graphics, design, text, and images are subject to Copyright which belongs to the School or a third party that has given permission for the School to use this information. The School grants permissions to electronically copy, print to hard copy, or transfer such material so long as it is for school business only.
Disclaimer and External Links
The School makes every effort to ensure the content on this website is correct and factual. The School accepts no liability for any inconvenience or loss caused by reliance on any information contained on this website.
The School makes every effort to ensure links to external websites are secure. The School accepts no liability for the privacy practices of those external websites.
5.3.2020 – Version 2