Nidderdale's Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA) is open to all parents/carers, school staff and friends. The PTFA has two main functions; fundraising and funding school activities that extend the children's experience beyond the national curriculum.
The minutes from recent PTFA meetings, Treasurer's Reports and the Constitution are here on the website under 'General Information'.
The PTFA only works with the help and support of willing volunteers to ensure our efforts are successful in supporting the school and the wider community.
The 2018/19 elected committee are:
- Chair - Mrs N Wright
- Treasurer - Mrs J Staniforth
- Secretary - Mrs A Jackson
We are successful in raising funds to enhance the educational experience of our students and have recently been pleased to fund:
- Coach transport for the student trip to the Bronte Museum, Haworth
- A set of new polo tops for student ambassadors
- The transport and tickets for a Pantomine trip (Aladdin)
- 60 sets of dictionaries/thesaurus for whole school literacy development
- Junior Film Club
- A novel for each new Year 7 (reading development) and books for the library (twice!)
- Refurbishment of a reflection room with curtains, lighting, mirrors
- Plastic Coating Unit for Design Technology department
- The coaches and ticket money to see the stage version of a Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night
- Warhammer Club tin soldiers and paints for Learning Support Centre
- The coach to York Christmas Market for Year 11 following their mocks and as part of a strategy for success
- The development of the spaces around the Areas of Learning (art/sculpture) through the services of a local artist
- Two new table tennis tables for extracurricular use
- The coaches for students to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the theatre
- We also funded the development of the LED lighting rig on the school stage which was completed in April 2017 in readiness for our Showcase evening.
- We raised approximately £400 in our 2017 Grand Christmas Raffle Draw. The list of prizegivers and prizewinners is here.
We are now using easyfundraising.org.uk to help raisefunds for 2017/18. Please click on the flyer here for further information and register today to start earning funds to help us support student activities outside of the curriculum.
Please do come and join us at the next meeting if you would like to get involved or contact me any time on details shown below, your help is appreciated in whatever capacity it is offered - it does not have to be a forever commitment - your help at one event is thoroughly appreciated whether that be baking, making drinks or selling refreshments.
Nicola Wright, Chair
Telephone: 01423 711246